Zechariah 9 16-10 1
Z’Kharyah 9 16 – 10 1
The Lord their God will save them in that day,
As the flock of His people.
For they shall be like the jewels of a crown,
Lifted like a banner over His land
For how great is its goodness
And how great its beauty!
Grain shall make the young men thrive,
And new wine the young women.
Ask the Lord for rain
In the time of the latter rain.
The Lord will make flashing clouds;
He will give them showers of rain,
Grass in the field for everyone.
Abundant prosperity, such as the world has never seen, results in excessive rejoicing and praise results from God “saving” His people, Israel.
In light of the promised blessings of 9:17, the prophet encourages the people to request these blessings from the Lord, with confidence. There will be literal rain and latter rain in the kingdom making the land flourish, but the promise here extends to refer to spiritual blessings. The “latter rain” of spiritual grace and goodness from God will bring refreshment to people’s souls.
New King James Bible Footnotes
15 Spiritual Blessings You Have In Christ Jesus ~ Yeshua
1. Chosen Before the Foundation of the World
2. Holy and Blameless
3. In His Love
4. Predestined to Adoption
5. Accepted in the Beloved
6. Redemption through His Blood
7. Forgiveness of Sins
8. Riches of His Grace Abound To You
9. Made Known to You the Mystery of His Will
10. Obtained An Eternal Inheritance
11. Heard the Word of Truth
12. Sealed with the Holy Spirit of Promise
13. You Know the Hope of His Calling
14. You are the Riches of His Inheritance
15. The Exceeding Greatness of His Power: Paul says the exceeding greatness of His power is toward you who believe. What kind of power of this? It is the same power that raised Christ from the dead! It is the same power that conquered sin, death and hell. In Christ, this same power is present in your life today!
Thank You To Andrew Mason: 15 Spiritual Blessings You Have In Christ